SPAGHETTI CARBONARA BY VICTOR ROSADO
- 5 oz Diced bacon
- 2 oz Butter unsalted
- 1.5 cup Heavy cream
- 1 oz Parmesan & pecorino mix
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Diced onion
- 2 oz Cooked pasta (follow directions on pasta package)
- 1 ea Sous Vide egg
- 1/4 oz Chives chopped
- Over medium heat, cook the butter with the diced bacon and the crushed black pepper until the bacon is crispy.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the heavy cream and reduce it in half, add cheese and salt to taste.
- Mix in cooked pasta.
- Add pasta water if needed.
FINISH AND PRESENTATION
- Top with sous vide egg, add chives and serve.
- Sous vide alternative: in a bowl, mix eggs with half of cheese. Move cooked pasta mixture off heat and allow to cool for a minute before stirring in egg mix.
- Serve as instructed.