You know we don’t like to play by the rules, so we’re skipping Stagecoach this weekend for the annual White Party Palm Springs that promises to be bigger, badder, and more colorful than ever before. Our beloved Abbey is taking over Sunday’s T-Dance at White Party, which begs the question: what exactly does one wear to the biggest gay dance party in the world? Hint: not much.
- Friday night: The Underwear Party: leave the tightie-whities at home. Think briefs or boxer briefs in bright colors and noticeable designs. You aren’t wearing much, so go for maximum impact with a fresh new pair of designer digs. Check out: 2xist, Andrew Christian, Rufskin, Diesel, Calvin Klein.
- Fun socks and shoes are a must. You’ll be dancing all night long, so think comfort first and pack colorful Converse or statement high tops (Supra or Alejandro Ingelmo). Pair with tube socks that will make you stand out in the crowd. Unless your money grows on trees, this is not the time to break in those brand-new Saint Laurent sneakers- comfort is key!
- On Saturday we wear white. Go with white cut-offs or running shorts, paired with a white tank top or (our preference) no top at all. Nothing should be baggy: go fitted or go home.
- The Abbey T-Dance on Sunday: Think cute shorts, fun prints, loud tank tops, bright colors, racer back tanks, and deep-V’s. Head to Zanerobe, Parke and Ronen, or Kitson to get ‘fitted.
- Whatever you do, don’t forget killer shades. It’s hot out so hide your eyes from the elements. We’re packing either our Ray Bans, Carreras, or Oliver Peoples.
- One last thing: No one ever described their dream man as tall, pale, and handsome. Get a base tan before you hit the desert and layer on the sunblock while there. (And hey, if you can’t tone it, tan it!)
Get your tickets here and see you in the desert!