Scotch isn’t for just anyone – but scotch is good. Really good. And long before Mad Men & Ron Burgundy revived the lost art of drinking the booze by which all booze should be measured; it was the man’s man drink of choice.
And maybe we’re partial to the scotch from across the pond, but there’s really something to be said about drinking the amber liquid that evolved in the late 15th century from the Scottish beverage aptly named the “water of life”.
So why does shelf scotch really matter? To start, the more refined the brand and the longer it has been aged, the more likely it is to go down smoothly. And most importantly, there are few things more attractive than a person who appreciates quality.
Should you find yourself in need of a quick bottle to impress, we’ve got you covered. Our top picks include:
- Bowmore 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch
- Laphroaig 10 Year Old “Cask Strength” Islay Single Malt Scotch Whiskey
- The Macallan 10 Year Old Scotch Whiskey
- Chivas Regal Royal Salute 21 Year Scotch Whiskey
- Lagavulin 21 Year Old Scotch
Pour a glass and stay a while!