Ring ring…hear that? It’s another edition of “Role Call” where we feature our very own sbe-lebrities. This month our Director of Client Relations, Derek Besenfelder is up! Here are 10 things you didn’t know about our special events director extraordinaire…
1. Scout’s honor. Derek is a bona fide Eagle Scout with the badges to prove it. Just ask to see that impressive sash.
2. He got it from his Grandma. She taught him how to tie a cherry stem in a knot with his tongue, infinite party tricks ensued…
3. Righty Tighty… but a leftie no less. Derek’s a resident leftie. Fun fact, less than 10% of the world’s population is left handed which pretty much makes Derek a rare breed.
4. He thinks outside the bun. His not so secret obsession with Taco Bell is a testament to this.
5. Just keep swimming. Derek swam competitively his entire life and loved every second of it.
6. Our kind of bag lady. Derek’s been known to make bag lunches and distribute them to San Francisco’s homeless population. Talk about altruism.
7. Hustle, baby. What happened when Derek’s dad packed him a school lunch every day? He sold his sandwich, and came up!
8. Hydration station. He’s all about that H2O. Any way. Any shape. Any form.
9. Started from the bottom. At McDonald’s, to be exact. His first gig was working as a cashier.
10. He needs your help. Derek is a two-time kidney transplant recipient and is in need of a donor. #donorforderek