Las Vegas is like no where else in the world. It’s a city and sensory experience with its own set of rules, sense of time and social norms that make it magical, and mad all at the same time. So in honor of Sin City’s fabulously outrageous personality, here’s our list of 10 things you can only get away with in Vegas.
1. Party in the same room as Frank Sinatra. SLS Las Vegas takes over where the infamous Sahara left off—and where legends like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. crooned, lounged and played.
2. Marry someone you just met. It’s cheap and easy to legally say I do in the “Marriage Capital of the World,” which may be why a hundreds of couples do it every day in Vegas. Check out these great places to pop the question Vegas-style. Tip: make sure you catch your betrothed’s first name before heading to the alter.
3. Forgo daylight for a week. When the cards are in your favor, and no clocks or windows are in sight, it’s easy to loose yourself in the glamour of casino life. For days. Tip: Join The CODE to receive complimentary slot credits and an SLS “Lucky Spin” for a chance to win up to $5,000.
4. Dress in sequins and stilettos everyday without being judged. Whether a showgirl or just going out on the town, in Vegas the more sequins and the higher the stiletto, the better.
5. Eat all your meals in bed. Vegas makes it easy to live the good life: with plenty of in-room dining options at SLS Las Vegas, there’s no reason not to take advantage of these perks.
6. Drink a beer with a mermaid. At Mermaid Bar & Lounge in the Silverton, mermaids (and mermen!) gracefully swim around the 117,000 gallon aquarium that serves as a back drop to your food and drink.
7. Wear Your sunglasses at night. Because you can.
9. Skydive without a plane. In the heart of the Strip at Vegas Indoor Skydiving, you can experience bodyflight during a simulated, indoor skydiving experience. Jumping from a plane was so last year.