Starting February 19th, thousands of foodies and thirsty wine aficionados from around the world will descend upon Miami for the city’s biggest culinary event of the year: South Beach Wine & Food Festival. For four delicious days, you can enjoy everything from an Italian Al Fresco feast, YogArt and Bellinis at The Raleigh Miami Beach, José Andrés‘ sold out Paella by the Pool party at SLS South Beach and more. Celebrity chefs like Rachael Ray and Stephanie Izard will be on hand to satiate your every craving while renowned sommeliers and baristas will make sure you never go thirsty.
To prep for this celebration of gastronomy, we checked in with SOBEWFF founder and director, Lee Brian Schrager, to give us a few pointers on how to make the most of your festival experience:
- Choose events that are right for you. With 75+ events, there’s something for everyone. Whether you like parties, intimate dinners or educational seminars, pick what suits your style.
- There’s no such thing as being fashionably late to a SOBEWFF event: get there on-time/early, so you don’t miss anything!
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, you’ll want to be able to move around easily and try everything.
- Keep one hand free at all times to take full advantage of samplings and giveaways. Plus you’ll want to be able to grab your camera/phone at any moment—you never know who will walk by!
- If you were lucky enough to nab tickets to Despaña presents Paella by the Pool, hosted by José Andrés at SLS South Beach, definitely ask José to take a selfie with you—he’s truly a world-class personality.