To us, spending money on the things that make us most happy (travel, nights out with friends, good food) is second nature, so tax return season is our version of Christmas. If you’re stuck on how to spend your earnings, here are our favorite ways to divvy up the cash flow:
- Re-up your gym membership: It’s almost beach season. Enough said.
- Use some of your tax return to give back to those who are less fortunate than you: Log on to the sbe Foundation where you can contribute as little or as much as you want in an effort to make a difference in the lives of young people.
- Splurge on that plane ticket to Miami: You’ve renewed your gym membership and have been spending weeks pumping iron (right?), now splurge on that plane ticket to Miami. We hear South Beach is really great this time of year, and the SLS Hotel is a stone’s throw to every possible reason a person would even want to go to Miami. Plus, we’re giving you 30% off your next stay with our Plan Now, Play Later Exclusive.
- Buy Art: There’s something poetic about falling in love with a piece of art and taking it home with you. Never mind that it’s a great investment (just ask Andy Warhol), but we’ve found that it’s the only way to make our rental apartment really feel like home.
- Save the Rest! Spending is often far more cathartic, but we’ll do the sensible thing and tell you that you should spend a little and save the rest (our parents would be so proud).