‘Tis the season that everyone in South Beach and beyond has been waiting for: pool party season! Kicking off this month, that means its perfectly acceptable—encouraged even—to don barely-there bikinis, pop bottles in pristine pools, dance unabashedly to world class DJs, cozy up in lush cabanas, and everything in between.
The epicenter of it all is Swim Club Saturdays at Hyde Beach – the biggest pool party on South Beach. Complete with champagne spraying, cryo blasts, and DJs like YSL keeping the party going, the ocean front Swim Club has defined the Miami pool party scene. Thrillist recently included the Vegas-inspired day club in their “11 Best Pool Parties in the US” roundup, describing it as good-natured fun with “bikini-clad bottle-service women dispensing with the decorum of glasses while straddling the shoulders of burly employees” – sounds about right! In anticipation of the madness, here are some tips to make your pool party experience that much more epic:
- Reserve a cabana for the ultimate VIP Experience – indulge in one Hyde Beach’s shared vases featuring hand-made signature cocktails.
- Try the Blackberry Smash, another signature cocktail, served in an oversized copper pineapple. Yum.
- Wear Sunscreen! With summer approaching, Miami can get hot. Sunburns can ruin any debauchery you’ve planned, so make sure to lather up.
- Arrive early – Swim Club can hit capacity by 2 pm, and trust us – you DO NOT want to miss out this one.
- Thrillist insider tip: light fare and cocktails keep you going to dance the afternoon away; just wait 30 minutess before you swim (safety first, you guys).