July is National Picnic Month—aka the perfect excuse to drink something bubbly outside with some delicious bites to eat. In Miami—where it stays warm nearly year-round—there are plenty of ways to picnic like a pro. Below, our five favorite ideas:
- Champagne constitutes as picnic food, right? Grab a bottle of bubbly and camp out in the exclusive beach lounge chairs in front of SLS South Beach.
- What better way to picnic than aboard a boat checking out Miami’s endless stretch of coastline dotted with celebrity homes, pristine beaches and beautiful people? Pick up a fresh fruit smoothie and a to-go sandwich at The Raleigh Miami Beach’s Coffee Bar, charter a boat (or a yacht?!) from Miami Boat Rent, and picnic in style.
- Pack a lunch or get some excellent Mediterranean bites from Cleo South Beach and walk over to the Ocean Drive Promenade. There’s plenty of public space to enjoy a picnic. When you’re done eating, do as the natives do and get some exercise: rent a bike at Miami Beach Bicycle Center, go for an ocean swim, or rub elbows with the body builders on the beach.
- For a cultural version of a picnic, head over to Wynwood Walls. World-famous graffiti artists have created a street art mecca in this former industrial area of Miami, so you’ll have plenty to look at over lunch. Grab a spot on the lawn and take it all in.
- Picnic food-truck style every fourth Wednesday of the month at the Food Truck Music Fest. From 5 – 10 pm at 73rd and Collins, local live music acts perform while you feast on a selection of numerous food and drink trucks. The next one kicks off tomorrow – July 22nd!