We’ve had a great year on The Collection. Launching in April of 2014, we’re less than a year old, but we’ve already celebrated many highlights in the blogosphere. As the year winds to a close, we rounded up our most memorable moments. Look forward to even more behind the scenes content in 2015!
1. Ladies Behind the Lens: 10 Female Photographers to Know: Our celebration of the 10 best female photographers working in the realms of fine art, lifestyle and fashion photography.
2. Postmodern Jukebox: A New Spin On Old Hollywood: We talked to Scott Bradlee about Postmodern Jukebox’s popular Dinner and a Show Wednesday night residency at Hyde Sunset Kitchen + Cocktails, which shows New Hollywood how Old Hollywood is done.
3. Primp & Prep: Get Ready for the Grand Opening of SLS Las Vegas: For the grand opening of the new SLS Las Vegas we were in full on prep mode for one of the best parties the Strip has seen in years.
4. How to sbe: Dia de los Muertos Makeup: To get ready for Halloween weekend, we teamed up with makeup artist extraordinaire Gabrielle Pascua to show you how to re-create your own Dia de los Muertos makeup look.
5. Good Eats at SLS Las Vegas: Announcing Bazaar Meat and Ku Noodle: Our video with Chef José Andrés’s take on the newly announced concepts that will made their debut at SLS Las Vegas August opening.
6. Global Superstar Iggy Azalea Takes Over SLS Las Vegas Grand Opening Party! At our SLS Las Vegas grand opening party, Iggy Azalea—this year’s breakout rap star and global sensation—gave a live performance, and you heard it here first!
7. Top Chef’s Chris Crary’s New Dish…HYDE Sunset: Kitchen + Cocktails: We talked to Chris Crary about his exciting new chapter as head chef at HYDE Sunset, and how he planned to pair food and nightlife together in one delicious package.
8. What Shouldn’t Happen in Vegas: 8 Things NOT to do in Sin City: No matter how much you plan on misbehaving and how little you worry about regretting, there are some things that you just shouldn’t do while in Sin City, this is our roundup.